Your generous donation helps the International Aphasia Movement reach more people with aphasia!
Remembering Robert Burney
Robert Burney attended IAM programs for more than 10 years, and was a well-loved member of our community. Thank you for honoring him with a donation to an organization that was so important to him and to Irene.
Clicking on the Donate button below will take you to
IAM’s PayPal Giving Fund Page.
PayPal does not charge processing fees for
donations made from this page.
Thank you for your generosity!
Donate any amount here
IAM is holding a fundraiser on April 25, 2022
Click Here to learn more
What does IAM need money for?
IAM relies on volunteers to lead aphasia group therapy and coordinate Zoom meetings.
However, we have expense that have to be covered by donations:
- Zoom meetings
- Web site expenses
- Flyers to recruit new participants and volunteers
- IAM has a goal to raise enough money to fund a full time Director and administrative assistant, so that we can keep helping people with aphasia into the future. For this reason, we have used donated funds to hire a part-time grant writer.
- When IAM meets in person, we provide lunch or snacks for programs that last more than two hours.
Other Ways To Donate
If you prefer to donate with Venmo, here are instructions.
To use Venmo, you must first download the Venmo mobile phone app from the App Store. You can only use Venmo through the app, not through a desktop web browser.
Here is how to send money through the app:
- Open Venmo app
- Login to your account
- Click blue “Pay or Request” button
- Search for @Carlota-Schoolman and click on it (this is the username for the IAM account)
- Type in the amount of money you want to donate
- Where it says “What’s it for?” type your email and a short memo line (for example, “IAM fundraiser ticket”). We need your email to send you the link to the event.
- Click “Pay”
You can also go to IAM’s Venmo account by using the QR code below.
Prefer to write a check?
Make out checks to
“International Aphasia Movement”
and send to
International Aphasia Movement
155 Wooster Street, #6E-F
New York, NY 10012